Get ready for Open City!
Open City 2022 will be held on Saturday, May 28!
The event, organized by Develop Nova Scotia, is held to promote the entrepreneurs and small local businesses that make our community such a special and vibrant place to be.
We hope you're as excited as we are to see the activations and promos that participating downtown Dartmouth businesses have planned.
- 80+ local farmers, artisans, and vendors
- Fun outdoor activities
- Special food and drink promotion
- Free preview of the interactive theatrical installation TO: THE UNKNOWN. This installation encourages audience members to write postcards to people they have never met. Using a system of randomization and guided by a helpful Postmaster and Postal Clerk, audiences will roll a series of dice to find an address among a collection of phone books, then choose and write in a postcard to the person who lives at that address, and finally deposit in our custom-made post-box where it will be mailed to its unknown recipient.
- All audience members receive a gift in gratitude for their participation!
- Sign up for music lessons to receive your first lesson free + a free method book
- BEING BLACK AND BEAUTIFUL sidewalk sales with KSD and Styles by SD
- Walk/run to raise funds for Healthy Minds Cooperative. Register as a participant and take the Trans-Canada Trail from Alderney terminal to Woodside terminal and back.
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Local artist Kat Frick Miller painting live in store
- 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. – Local artist Emma Fitzgerald drawing live in store
- BEING BLACK AND BEAUTIFUL sidewalk sales with GIGS and Styles by SD
- 20% off all human hair wigs
- 10% off all synthetic wigs
- BOGO on all braiding and crochet hair
- Live Djembe drumming (11-1)
- Play in our recording studio (1-3)
- Create your own art, make buttons, play instruments, plant in our garden, and maybe get some free baked treats!
- Happy Hour prices: 15% off all 12oz, 16oz, and beer flights
- In honour of the street we've called home for the last four years: Alderney Dry Lager pints for $5, 4-packs for $16
- The soon-to-be new location of New Scotland Brewing Co. will be selling canned beer & free beer samples
- 20% off all apparel
- $10 Cinnamon Sugar Combo (Cinnamon Sugar Crepe paired with Hot Chocolate); crepe only, $7
- Save the tax!
- Sidewalk sale rack
- Vegan, plant-based food specials available!
Stone Pizza (79 Alderney Drive)
- Dill Pickle Pizza special: 8" for $9, 13" for $19
- BEING BLACK AND BEAUTIFUL sidewalk sales with KSD and GIGS
- Live music and art demonstrations by artist James Ferris
- Free tea or coffee with purchase from The Tare Shop
- Hosting @TrickDough_HFX doughnut pop-up
- Hosting Social Enterprise pop-ups from Hope Blooms Youth Entrepreneurs; businesses include Sugar Slime, Possibili-Tea, and the well-loved Hope Blooms Salad Dressings.
- BOGO on all puzzles in-store
- 15% off all board games and books
- Special discount table with amazing products!
- Hair care sale! Up to 50% off select items.