ABOUT THE AWARD
The Gloria Fisher Businessperson of the Year award captures the spirit of an entrepreneur who spent more than 50 years behind her counter on Portland Street.
The Downtown Dartmouth Business Commission* (DDBC) is thrilled to accept nominations for the Gloria Fisher Business Person of the Year Award to recognize outstanding entrepreneurs who are making a significant contribution to downtown Dartmouth.
The award honours one of our community’s most beloved business pioneers, Gloria Fisher, who ran Fisher’s Stationery on Portland Street for more than half century.
The Gloria Fisher Business Person of the Year Award will be given to a downtown Dartmouth business person who demonstrates an excellent level of business standards and ethics, plus leadership, creativity, vision and entrepreneurial spirit. The winner also shows concern and provides support for fellow members of the business community and the people in our neighbourhood. Moreover, they foster awareness and promote Downtown Dartmouth whenever and wherever possible.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE AWARD
HOW TO APPLY
1) Please provide a short bio of the nominee, including details about their business and community involvement. Please comment on any recent successes.
2) Please write additional paragraphs to comment specifically on how the nominee demonstrates:
- an excellent level of business standards and ethics
- leadership, creativity, vision and entrepreneurial spirit
- concern for fellow members of the business community, customers/clients and people in our neighbourhood
- a willingness to promote Downtown Dartmouth whenever and wherever possible.
3) Nominations are open until May 31st, 2021 and can be emailed to:
Or mailed or dropped off at:
Downtown Dartmouth Business Commission
163 Portland Street,
If you have any questions, call (902)466-2997.