Top 5 Things to do in Dartmouth!
1. The harbour ferry to Dartmouth only takes 10 minutes and is North America’s longest running salt water passenger ferry, and costs only $2.50 to board. Once here, check out the fresh goods at Alderney Landing Farmer’s Market and the World Peace Pavillion showcasing over 100 rocks and bricks from around the world including a piece of the Berlin Wall and the Great Wall of China.
2. Enjoy the view of the Halifax Harbour from a roof top patio from The Wooden Monkey and sample their menu from locally grown organic produce or check out all the Celtic Corner has on tap! Both offer a friendly staff and great atmosphere.
3. Stroll up Portland Street and check out the many locally owned unique shops and services.
4. Enjoy the vistas along the Harbourfront trail or explore the natural beauty that the Trans Canada Trail offers along the Dartmouth Lakes and Historic Shubenacadie Canal.
5. Venture into Dartmouth if you're able and see all it has to offer: the Cole Harbour Heritage Farm, the Black Cultural Centre, Fisherman's Cove or check out Lawrencetown Beach known for its waves in North America, making it a prime surfing destination.
written by A. Zinn